Caring for Residents
Regular visits to your community result in forming and developing relationships of trust and confidence.
Resident Services Provided
Chaplain care services for all residents and immediate family members are voluntary, confidential and neutral from community operations.
- Make a brief visit to the community regularly (usually weekly) to interact with residents to build a relationship of trust and friendship.
- Provide 24 hour, 365 day-a-year, nationwide Chaplain Emergency Care for crisis intervention, and work closely with management on any emergency situation or resident needs.
Chaplain Care Team Activities
- Visit residents or immediate family members wherever care can be expressed and help given: hospitals, nursing homes, funeral homes, family homes or other neutral sites.
- At the request of a resident or family member:
- Help plan, conduct or attend funerals for residents, including follow-up support and encouragement to immediate family members during the grief period.
- Help locate representative of their religious group at resident’s request.
- Provide confidential chaplain discussions for issues of residents and/or their immediate family members.
- Provide referral service and act as coordinator for specialized assistance to residents and/or immediate family members with specific needs.
- Provide one additional activity such as a worship service, bible study, etc. upon request of Administrator.
- Provide, upon request, a voluntarily attended Memorial service for fellow co-residents of a deceased resident either at the workplace or a neutral site.
- Coordinate with local clergy or resident’s personal clergy for extended care, or regular services at community
- Provide, as appropriate, informational materials (books, pamphlets, booklets, tracts and audio tapes) to help residents and immediate family members deal with specific issues/problems and provide principles for successful and happy living, at no additional expense to the Company or its residents.
- Participate in new resident orientation to explain the Resident Care Service and the role of the Chaplain Team.